Friday, October 06, 2017

My father died last year.

Hi. It has been one year a month and some days since my father died. He was a vietnam vet and died from health problems related to Agent Orange. I miss him. I'm still angry and still going thought the grief. I had flurry of art making in the years he was the sickest. So many shows to make work for. I feel bad for not spending time with him but I justify this by reflecting on him not being around much when I was a child. We had a difficult relationship but probably not anymore than most sons have with their fathers. His illness took away his speech and movements. He couldn't communicate so I just checked out. I sat with him and most of the time he was asleep. He couldn't do things for himself. I got angry a lot. I wasn't kind many times. He spent a lot of my teen and adult years yelling at me and being angry with me at the things I did. He never really taught me the stuff I was suppose to do. I miss him.

No comments: